5 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MORNING ENERGY LEVELS 0
Posted on 28, April 2020
in Category Uncategorized
DO YOU WANT MORE ENERGY?
Do you find you are feeling groggy some days? Do you feel as though you have heavy legs even when you have not done any training? Do you wake up and feel as though you need another nights sleep?
Well if this is the case, why not try a few of these tips and see if they make a difference;
- DEVICES – turn off all devices and leave them in another room or hallway. Stop using devices an hour before bed.
- BREATHE – breathing helps to massage the vagus nerve which has proven to stimulate the parasympathetic system. Practice some mindfulness and take 5 -10mins to focus on your breathing.
- HYDRATE – Often we can feel groggy when we are dehydrated and this can affect our brain clarity. Try and drink a glass of water before your tea and coffee in the morning and again after every caffeinated drink during the day. Try and replace caffeine drinks during the day with herbal teas.
- HIGH PROTEIN – start the day with a high protein breakfast. Studies show it can maintain blood sugar levels which will reduce cravings. Try eggs and avocado on rye bread, oats and greek yoghurt topped with blueberries.
- REDUCE PORTIONS – Reduce the size of your evening meal and try and not eat too late into the evening.
If you are not feeling your best perhaps changing a few habits can help to make you feel more energised in the morning. You don’t have to change everything at once as that can be a challenge but perhaps one or two things can make a big impact on how you are feeling.